• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheiftech/Antec ****yyy thingy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryder2720

Ok Ive got a Cheiftech Dragon case and I was just wondering, what the heck is that purple plastic thing on the right side of the case just behind the bottom drive bay? I wish I had a pic but I think you will know what Im talkin about.:rolleyes:
Ne1 know what its for?
~Peace
PS it said S.h.i.z.z.y.y.y

it's a support bracket for full size cards. It can also be used for routing cables. I took mine out and threw it in my closet.

Yeh my Antec case had something like that and it is just sitting in my hardware bag. It was just for routing cables.

Thank You,
Daniel

<rant>
It is not a cable router. It has nothing at all to do with cable management. Its a support for full length expansion cards. Everytime someone asks what its for on this forum, they always get the "cable management" answer, and its wrong. Really irks me.
</rant>

Hi,

Some expansion cards (read "PCI" for now) cards are "full length", which means they are longer than most ordinary cards.

These are usually Video editing/capture cards, and they are longer coz they usually carry mant components on their surface.

The PCI slot is quite short, and these longer might tend to sag at one end a bit; hence the bracket for holding the card at the other end of the chassis.

a reeeeeeeeeeeallllly long card mostly used in reallllllly old systems like 14 in or so

_slh_ said:
<rant>
It is not a cable router. It has nothing at all to do with cable management. Its a support for full length expansion cards. Everytime someone asks what its for on this forum, they always get the "cable management" answer, and its wrong. Really irks me.
</rant>

Don't worry, we do it just to annoy you :p

Back