• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First REAL mod :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Well here goes. Its my old Voodoo 3 2000 PCI card. I figured I've give it a shot to see what it can do. I still have to get ramsinks for the lower two modules. I'm gonna crank it up slowly to see how high it will go :) Here are some pics:
voodoo1.JPG

voodoo2.JPG

voodoo3.JPG

voodoo4.JPG

I used a dab of a silver thermal grase compound I bought at a local computer store on the core and a VERY small amount on the ramsinks. I then placed a dot of superglue on each corner of the core and then attached the HSF. For the ramsinks, I used two SMALL dots of superglue on the left and right sides of the ramsinks and then placed the ramsinks on there. Seing as I probably will never use this card except in this backup rig, I didn't think there was a real need to take any exteme measures. I just need about a 20-30 Mhz overclock, so I'm hoping this will do the trick :)

hmm, I got a quastion I think that I've seen one of those cards before, I think that it has a little chip of that that is fairly large in contrast to all the othere, ot has five legs on one side of it, let me know if yours has this, because, back in the day, My TNT2 had the a chip like that discription and I figured ot that it is a voltage-regulator, w/ a heatsink like that, you definitly aughta be able to v-mod it also, let me know if it has a chip like that and I'l tell you how to modify it to crank out more power, then you should start getting somewhere w/ it :)

Very nice. And seeing that you can mount such a big HSF using superglue only, I don't think I'll have to drill holes in my 1U copper cooler for my ti4400.

Cheers, Flix

Wow thats a mother of a fan and heatsink for that card with only super glue holding it! :) Hopefully you tests are sucessful.

Back