• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dually down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

portorock

I don't know what happened. Was playing a little Deus Ex, when it froze. So I restarted the whole comp and things went to heck, with all my infinite wisdom I could not fix it so I decided to format and reinstall XP. Now for some reason, I can't even do that. Why me. This is my top folding rig and it is down. trying to instal some OS so I can get it folding again. Wish me luck

I know I had to reset jumpers on my mobo when I overclocked and it locked up. Did you try that if you could?

Good luck.

cp

looks like my mobo may have died. I don't see how, but I haven't had much time to troubleshoot. Unfortunately. I'll have to wait until the weekend while I'm at the in-laws house. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out :cry:

Reset it to stock...

Failing that, remove all hardware that you don't need. You mention that you were playing a game when it died - check that your graphics card is okay, perhaps consider replacing it (temporarily) with a different graphics card to get windows up and running.

Run everything at stock, get it folding, then add bits of hardware slowly, and slowly bump the OC back up.

Good luck!

Blueacid

I changed the graphics card, no go, put it back to stock, no go. The only thing I have to do now is remove the hardware and see if sometihng got messed up on the crash. I really hope not because funds aren't available to replace anything. I'll give it another try this afternoon when I get out of work. Hopefully something just needs to be reseated, but this is my big producer. This is gonna hurt the fold. Why couldn't it have happened to my PIII 550. It would have bothered me but not crippled me. The board is about a year old. It is my main rig in my sig. I even did a low level format on the HDD thinking something got screwed up with the boot sector. That was also a no go.

stripped the sys but keep getting "page_fault_in nonpage_are" or "cdfs"error. As I said earlier, I did a low level format using MaxBlast3. By the way it is a Maxtor 80 gig w/8meg cache. forget the model. Being that I'm getting all of these errors with and without cards in and with diff graphics cards, could it be the hdd that is messed up. If so, are there any proggy's that can test the hdd in dos. I'm going to check the Maxtor website as soon as I'm done here as well.

Edit:Diamond Max Plus 9

Hmm......
I'm having problems of my own. My dad's office is moving this saturday, but his server has decided it wants to freeze occasionally now. I noticed that the keyboard wasn't working in Windows so I restarted it and I'm getting the "Keyboard error or no keyboard present" problem. I've pulled out the keyboard plug and put it back in about 6 times to no avail. I'm thinking either the mobo took a hit from all the lightning we've had recently or the keyboard died. I'll try and figure it out tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your problems portorock, I hope you can get it all sorted out. :)

I am now totally baffled, not just totally, but it is beyond belief. I can't get the start up to load a single file using my XP Pro disc, but just finished loading all the files for 2000 pro and it is finishing installing as I type. What gives. I have no clue what is going on. I guess after the crash, the hdd said to heck with XP and refuses to load it. This sux bc I prefer XP over 2k any day. After it loads 2k, I'll try to upgrade. I know that is a bad idea, but I figure if it is a clean install I will minimize the possibility of probs. Wish me luck

portorock said:
Oh no, you're not a Naval Academy bubba are you? ;)

It's where I want to go, if I can get in. :)
I need to get in shape though, I'm not exactly a great athlete. I run Cross Country but I'm not that good. Fortnately I'm running at the unofficial practices this summer before the season starts August first. :)

Marines, of course.

Yah---
1.5 mile run (max) 10:30
Push-ups (min in 2 mins) 40
Sit-ups (min in 2 mins) 65

That might not sound like a lot to you, but to me....*whew*:rolleyes:

Back