• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desert Combat 0.38 is out :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adamu

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=DesertCombat0.38dFullInstall.exe&size=342622963

Lots of new features:

Full 1.4 Compatibility
New Seal Raft with outboard motor
New Iraqi BMP-2 , an amphibious personnel carrier
Improved SCUD damage
New Iraqi GP30 grenade launcher
New US M203 grenade launcher
New US knife
New Tabuk Sniper rifle model and skin
New M25 Sniper scope

Improved sniper accuracy
All new radio command sounds
All new vehicle sounds
All new explosion sounds
Many new weapon sounds
Improved pistol firing speed
Realistic accuracy settings on all weapons
New T72 model and skin
New Bradley weapons setup
New Ural transport truck
New drivable forklift
New environment sounds
Added Binoculars to Assault
Added Skorpion sub machine gun
Tons of new static objects ranging from warehouses to cargo ships
New DC Al Khafji Docks map
New Inshallah Valley map from Flatline|44
Single player version of Eastings
Updated spawns on all maps to include BMP-2
New Mortar kneel position
New damage warning system added to high-tech vehicles

been playing .38 almost non stop now-----

the forklifts have major oversteer

I love the m203 & gp30

The new docks map is sweet----looks awesome too

This mod is one of the best, I love it. Cant wait for .4 to come out. The new map rules....

i love this mod to but i am on a 56k so its gonna take me a while to d/l lol. so i hope u guys are having fun playing it while i am still downloading it.

GT, you will be treated to an awesome display of gaming goodness :cool:

I have gotten nasty with the gp30, I can hit a guy dead on that is on the furthest island spawn on Wake when I am at the radio antenna building :)

the pace of bf1942 is quite a bit faster with DC. not only do the tanks and planes move faster but the helicopters add a whole new dimension to the game. precision troop movements on demand.

the guns are more accurate and the rocket guns are faster at delivering their payload.

i find it superb on the very very large maps since the armor moves faster its actually playable now. before with the slow shermans and whatnot it was an absolute bore to play those larger maps.

one more thing to say

heavy assault kit > *

nothing like carrying around 3 clips of 100+ bullets :D

the one and ONLY complaint I have about .38 is that the Stingers are a little too powerfull and fast now. It used to take some skill to hit a moving chopper with one, but now it's just point right at it, and fire. Hind's and Apache's are getting shot down left and right at takeoff now.

Improved SCUD damage? Uh-oh. I don't think I've ever shot one of those and not gotten 3 kills... at least.

One gripe-
The heavy assult is now the heavy sniper. Its only good at medium-long range.

Now, none of the guns suit my playing style (Rambo). I used to get 1st place on a 50player map of stalingrad any time, any day of the week- without my normal heavy assult- im lucky to make top 3 :mad:

The power of the Stingers has been increased to the point that they are quite useful as sniper rifles :)

IMO, they are less a problem to the helicopters than they are to other aircraft. F-16s, A-10s, etc, they all go down in one shot from a Stinger. Choppers take two shots at least.

I need broadband! lol! Iam still using 0.3! I think I need to get one of my friends with broadband to dl me 0.38! But the game is the best ever! And Ive not played the origional BF1942 since I installed DC! lol!

asj said:
Ive not played the origional BF1942 since I installed DC! lol!

Same here except for like 3 rounds @ a local lanparty. I have had it and I never played the new map yet, lol. I guess I should now, I am addicted to playing.

Me and my bro play on my 64 player lan server with team ratio of 10:1 so we have like 4 bots on our team vs all the other bots. Its a kill frenzy on el alamein (sp?). We almost beat the bots once we had 500 left when we started with 4,000 lol. :p

Back