• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentfire

guys im using a gf4 ti 4200 and i recently updated my drivers to the newest one, i now get artifacts every once in a while. i was just wonderig what u guys thought was the best driver for me to roll back too

Can you give more details on the artifacts? What games... or when exactly do they happen? Are they repeatable? Or random?

Maybe you found some more Nvidia cheats... hehe jk.

The best overclocking drivers for a 4200 Geforce4 -4200 are the 41.09's With the 41.09's I can get my memory clocked the highest with no artifacts.

........he didnt say if it was overclocked yet......or what he gets artifacts in

-just wait

no my vid card is not overclocked at all.
the artifacts first appeared when i was playing warcraft after a couple of hours. i had all the settings set really high ( video options stuff) and all of a sudden the screen started to flicker really quickly then it turned gray for a few seconds then it went and stayed completly white with red dots everywhere. the only problem is that i rebooted and everytime i went into wc it did the same thing right away without me having to wait a few hours.

Sounds like an overheating problem... Check the fan to make sure it is spinning. Also double check the heatsink on it to be sure it is is secure. My GF2 GTS fan died on mine and I had similar symptoms...

Back