• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mr. B, did you kill me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Taking a much needed break from work and life in general, I found myself online killing people (and being killed) senselessly while playing Battlefield 1942. While my team was being slaughtered by the Nazi's in a slightly altered recreation of the battle of Omaha beach, I found myself running up the right side of the map attempting to gain ground.

Out of no where, this huge explosion blew my little combat soldier high into the air and subsequently to his death upon return to the terra firma. I use the name [OC]Wedo while playing online just in case there's anyone from our forums playing BF1942 as well. After this death, as there are many, the info line popped up and said:

Mister_B [Def. Gun] [OC]Wedo

Which, in BF1942, means this player, Mister_B blew my sorry butt sky high with a huge cannon usually reserved for attacking aircraft carriers, destroyers, and other large ships.

So what give Mr. B, was that you? And if so, what's up man, show a fellow folder some love and aim your thundering gun of death and destruction elsewhere!!! :D

Wedo

LOL, bad luck Wedo! Maybe we should turn this thread into a 'what games do our team play online and under what names' so we know when we're being slaughtered by our fellow folders... Like the suggestion about the [OC] identifier, I think we should adopt that wherever possible!

For my part, you'll mostly see me on UT2003 if at all, under xsquareduk (as in all games and websites, either with or without an underscore). I'm not really into online stuff at the moment as GTA Vice City is just so damn good...

Ouch.
I'm personlly a UT2k3 player. It's the only FPS that I've really been hooked on. Half-Life was good, and I'll probably give it another shot as I like the storyline. Most of the UT2k3ers from here use the [OC] tag. Some use the [OCG] tag as they are part of the OC clan on http://www.overclockedgamerz.com. :)

I play UT2003 under the name: cp. Pretty original,huh?

I belong to a clan named Frnz, and that is where I play.

cp

I don't play online games but it would have been sweet to watch wedo flying through the air to ultimate death and destruction with Mr B sitting in the turret of a cannon just laughing away wringging his hand saying borge that wedo.:D

Couldn't have been...I don't even own the game...not even a demo (I assume there is one, right? :confused: ) It's on the "List 'O S/W To Get";

NASCAR 2003
BF'42
MOHAA
Unreal II

I just swung for the fences, and came up big though....this week I finally found a way to get my paws on a NF7-S 2.0 and 1GB (2 x 512MB) Corsair XMS 3200. :D

Next comes an upgrade from my Ti4200. Not that it's a bad card, but with a board that'll let me have 8x AGP, I ought to start thinking of a next level card, to take advantage of that, and DX9 compatability. Haven't decided...9700 Pro, or FX5600 256MB. It's not gonna happen anytime soon, so by then, I'll have a clearer picture of which way I want to go, and prices might fall a bit more too.

Gotta be ready for Doom III, you know... :p

But anyways...nope, can't take the credit for that one...don't own the game. ;)

B.

Well that's too bad Mr. B, I actually found great pleasure in the fact that I could've been fragged by a fellow folder. :D

You're new rig sounds great and I highly recommend BF1942 as a purchase to take advantage of the DX9 and AGP8x. Any game where you can jump from tank, to gunner, to infantry, to medic, to pilot, to sniper while blasting everyone you possibly can is good fun.

I guess I was suggesting that anyone going online could put a [OC] in front of their name to let other folders know that they're not alone on the battlefield. :)

Fold and virtually killeth on.

Wedo

B is too busy owning it up it ut2k3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

B is my hero!

FOLD ON
NAS

Mr B said:
Couldn't have been...I don't even own the game...not even a demo (I assume there is one, right? :confused: ) It's on the "List 'O S/W To Get";

NASCAR 2003

That's a pretty good game. The graphics are :drool:. Last Nascar series game papyrus is making. Be alert for alot of wreckers though.

Back