• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting MBM5 with A7V333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Franchize

Does anyone know what each sensor does for this board. I have sensor 1 with Asus 1 and 2 to 2 and so forth. Sensor 1 reads 26C, sensor 2 is 40C, sensor 3 is 14C. Is sensor 1 my board sensor 2 my cpu? Whats sensor 3 tell me?

I'm assuming that's how it goes. That's approximately what it shows when I'm running MBM5 also. So 1 is system/mobo temp, 2 is CPU, 3...dunno, mine shows 14 all the time too.

There are 4 sensors with the temps on.

1 is the CPU socket temp
2 is the CPU board temp
3 always seems to show 14C - turn it off
4 is the CPU die temp measured by the diode.

In MBM5, I have an option for ASUS 2 and ASUS 2 (CUSL 2). And I can't report on both of them at the same time. Which is which?

Last edited:
TY for the reply. my sensor 4, is reading -41C, this obviously cant be right

I'm hitting 61_° die temp on Asus sensor4 in Prime95. Running XP2500+@176x12 1.7vcore. That seems very high to me. What kind of temp's are you seeing?

Sensor 2 is the reading taken from a little thermistor under the CPU socket (in the middle)

The Sensor 4 is the reading taken directly off the CPU silicon, measured by the on-board diode for XP chips (palomino, thoroughbred, barton)

If you want more accurate and time-responsive temps go with the diode.

mmmm...that can't be right? my Sensor 2 is reporting 35-40 depending on load, while my sensor 4 reports 29-35...surely, the diode temp should be higher than the socket temp?

Go with the one that responds immediately to load (test with prime95 or similar program...). That's your internal cpu diode. It common to see a higher socket temp on water cooled systems. The water block keeps the chip nice and cool but with no air flow over the socket the temps get a little higher.

Back