• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best Duron to O/C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

I'm palning to buy an AMD Duron and overclock with my MSI KT4V mobo. Is there any good duron processor that is doing this job better that other durons? and what speed is it? Let me know with the codes also. Like that AMD having AXDA....etc. Pls let me know quickly cause i wana buy this quickly and test on my mobo to check weither it's having a peorb in there. Cause it gaves heat probs with earlier xp 2000+. :D

Is this mobo incompatible with $41 1700+ Athlon XP Thoroughbred?

not sure but it seem 1.4ghz was pretty much the average overclocked speed of durons on air, atleast it was when i was messing with them which was more then a year ago.

looking at PW the durons available are 800-1300mhz and range from $28-36 so I would just get the $36 1.3ghz and start from there cause the price is not much different

what is te best o/c? duron or xp

well it seems duron and xp are not having very big prices diffrence so secondly i thought abt to jump to an xp processor. any idea wich one will be the best to jump to oerclock? it has to be a below xp1800+ also cause my budget won't go beyond than that.:p

I would not bother with durons.

Especially because dtlc stepping xp1700 are little more than $40 and can oc to the point where the smoke spendium 3ghz procs.

Some mobo's like Soyo K7ADA are not compatible with T-Breds, only Palominos which are now difficult to get brand new for cheap, but if this mobo takes T-Breds, get the 1700+ and don't ever speak of Durons again. :)

Back