• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Limitation of Apache 1.3.27 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
i was just wondering, is there a limit in Apache of how many users can view certian pages at one time ?

No. After about 100-250 users on a server(depending on server os, config, etc), it tends to slow to a crawl. Most of the larger websites will have a web server farm where a load balancer will direct all requests to those servers.

-Bobby

DDR-PIII said:
i was just wondering, is there a limit in Apache of how many users can view certian pages at one time ?

There is not a way that I know of to limit just certain pages on a single server (could be done though and you may want to check to see if a module has been written to do so).. You could however set that page under a virtual server and then limit the number of connections to that particular server.

There is an option to configure how many and how frequently child process are spun off to service incoming connections. Mod_throttle might let you limit specific pages or directories, I've never used it before.

Back