Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

HARd QUESTION!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-20-03, 03:22 PM Thread Starter   #1
f'(x)

HARd QUESTION!

the jumpers on my motherboard were removed, and it took me a whilei guess the store that sold the computer didnt want anyone to overclock it due to warranty misuse or some thing. so now im stuck with a MB without jumpers and Pheonix BIOS that has no access to anything...I tried all sorts of soft and nothing works, cant overclock it. Any ideas??? i was thinking of getting a different BIOS but i have no clue on how to do that.
i have socket 370 Asus MB[meb-vm to be spec.] intel celeron 366[66hz fsb and 5.5 clock multiplier] and no idea oon how to overclock it.

THNX!!

thnx man, but jumpers r gone for sure, even though in the manual it says that they should be there, but they are not.
f'(x) is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 06-20-03, 03:53 PM   #2
dreammmatt

I have the same question....but my mobo is a Socket 423 Asus P4T, inside of my HP. No oc'ing stuff in the BIOS, and the DIP (Jumper) Switches were removed.

But, I think i have the answer, however, I am afraid to try it without anyone agreeing that it will work, and not screw me. Okay, I was wondering if I can just Flash in a new Asus BIOS? Will it be compatible? Or will I be hosed if I try? Like I said, f'(x), if people say that simply flashing a new BIOS works, try that.
dreammmatt is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-20-03, 11:18 PM   #3
iD10t

for your hp i would think a different bios would not work. the board you have is different enough from the normal asus that something wouldn't work right... i think... have you tried to press f11 when you get into your bios? sometimes that lets you get more/different options. if you don't feel bad about losing that board maybe you try to flash and tell us if it works.

or not.
iD10t is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-21-03, 09:01 PM Thread Starter   #4
f'(x)

dreammat chekout my oyther post in intel mobo section theres quite abit of info there
f'(x) is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards