• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheSanch

Hey all, i'm just installed redhat 9.0 and i downloaded and installed the nforce driver but i still cant use the onboard sound or ethernet port. any advice on how to trouble shoot this would be great.

thanks
TheSanch

hmm. I looked and i dont see anything with nForce or nvnet or eth so i dont know. but everytime i try to install it again from the rpm, it says package already installed. do i have to compile it and then install it from there? because i thought thats what the rpm was for. thanks for replying

You probably have to do more configuration after you install the rpms. There should be documentation of whatever proceedure you must do at nvidia's website. Have you looked at any documentation so far?

I think i had that problem once,make sure you ae trying to install the correct package. There is a program on there website that you can run that will tell you exactly what package you need to install.

Unfortunaly, i cant seem to locate it at the moment.

Back