• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What could be holding me back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Last night I had 1700+ juihb:310 XPMW running at 2.3ghz or 200x11.5 this was with a 1.6 Cvore.

It crashed during 3dmark 2k1. Now, it won't boot at anything over 200x11. I tried 200x11.5 at 1.7vcore:no boot

So, what could be holding me back? it isn't temps because after playing bf1942 for 2 hours it was only at 44.5C.

Make sure that CPU Interface is enabled. I had this exact same problem twice; once that was the fix, the second time, the fix was taking apart the system and rebuilding it. Something seemed to be causing some weird kind of short.

What PSU are you using? What voltage are you running to the memory and the chipset? Also, what are your memory timings?

I'm using an allied 450watt:(

I'm giving the northbridge 1.6volts, the memory is getting 2.7, and it running 2-2-2-6.

It is the mushkin promo build DDR 400. CPU interface is enabled.

Gautam said:
Make sure that CPU Interface is enabled. I had this exact same problem twice; once that was the fix, the second time, the fix was taking apart the system and rebuilding it. Something seemed to be causing some weird kind of short.

I just double checked this, and it wasn't running. I tried, and it booted up. Thanks.

I'll probably be back with more questions.

this is a guess but try upping the ram voltage or slowing down the timmings. if you are not certain the ram can handle the speed then use a slow ratio for memory like 4:3 then if that fixes the problem you can start tweaking the ram to find its peak.

The ram can handle the speed, but it doesn't like overclocking much. Even at 2.8volts at 3-4-4-7 it will only do a 208fsb.

i have a prob with low fsb with the nf7-s board also, but i dont know if thats the case in ur rig...

try lowing the multi and see what fsb u can get, also give the ram more voltage and change the timmings to 7-3-3-2 or something, my ram doesnt like too relaxed timmings on this nf7-s, but thats prob the corsair LL ram, i dont know...

Well considering that you need a CAS latency of 3, I'd hardly think its the motherboard's fault at all. If you are going to increase the voltage, don't forget that the NF7 overvolts the VDimm by .1v; i.e. 2.8v in the BIOS is actually 2.9v.

Well, I have it running at 202x12for 2424mhz at 1.725 Vcore.

I'm happy at this setting, I'll stick with it for now atleast.

Back