• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossed Over The Line.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sumwut_damaged

Registered
So the other day my cuzin says to me....."Dude your computer sounds like a jet ready to take off".....and then i'm talking to my g/f on the phone and she says...."Who's Vacumeing?!".....so now i think its time to maybe think about quieting down my rig.....maybe?

yep. get rid of the v11 and swap it for a coolermaster x-dream,sk-7,slk-800 or slk-900 (in that order). case fans? who needs em? i dont use any;) psu fans? perfect to do the 7volt mod on - that'll quieten 'em down.

Yea.....well i could live with the noise.....i just think its funny wut people say about it.....maybe when i get more money i'll work on quieting it down a bit.....or just upgrade the CPU

The fans are mostly for the System temp...usually around 40C....but with the added fans it brings it down to about 35C

I had that same problem. Switched from a Swiftech MC30 (or whatever, the smaller one) with a 60mm tornado to a Slk-7 with 80 panaflo. Only cost >30 with the fan. You wouldnt believe the differance.

My load temp went up 3 degrees, to 48c, but the noise is almost non eixstant. The loudest thing now is my harddrive, lol.

I have the cpu fan ducted through the side panel.....and the side facing an open window.....so it could be as cool as it is outside

I love the noise, my friends complain about it constantly at LAN parties and I only laugh.

well with a load temp that low you can easily get rid of some if not all of the case fans. that wont cost you at all.

I tend to agree with getting rid of most of them.

People have been WAY overdoing case fans for years IMHO.

Put just enough flow right where it's needed and be done with the entire thing forever.

Back