• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you error out of Prime 95???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Try raising your cpu voltage up 1 notch. Then test again. IF that fails, but your voltage back to default, and then raise your memory voltage up 1 notch. If that fails, try raising your cas up and see if that works. If it does, put your cas back lower and start raising the other timings. Make sure you're running at 5:4.

You might want to run things such as folding@home and 3Dmark unless FP accuracy is very important to you.

Even though your CPU fails P95, it doesn't mean its unstable. P95 is very particular about FP accuracy. When you oc, the accuracy drops. However, majority of apps/games we run doesn't require that level of accuracy. Thus you could live with it.

Vedder323 said:
I can run it at 260 no prob... but 270 errors right away

I get Pime errors right after at 255 but everthing else (Sandra/burn-in and 3DMark03 ) runs fine at 265+ .

Ive tried most common types of settings (voltages and mem timings) and Prime still errors out quickly above 255 .

Everything else is stable so Iam not to worried at the moment .

My .02

stereo555

Last edited:
Back