• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CHANGE TO ANY MULTIPLIER SETTING!! without any cutting or blowing!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyK

I did a search for change multiplier but this wasnt psoted so I thought I would throw it on here

This is amazing stuf guys John C is a genious

I just went from 11 to 16x multiplier!

Set bios multiplier to auto first

11 has bridges C-C-C-C-C and 16 is C--O--C--O--O. For all the Os connect each pin to the nearest Vcc (5v) and for all the Cs you need connect each pin to Vss(ground).

The pins in the order above are AN27,AL27,AN25,AL25,AJ27. So I had to connect AL25 to AM26 and AJ27 to AH26 according to the chart.

Remove your cpu or BOTH cpus in my case, and use a thin wire strand (ie ata 33 cable strand or just fine speaker wire) and insert it into the corresponding socket to create the connection

Im running at 2600MP+ with 1.5 voltage with my 1700XP's from svc.

So don't mess with this cutting or blowing !!!

here is an example
16x_mod.jpg

Another variation of the wire trick. That is used by a lot of people around here, but thanks for the link.

I was excited when I found out about that too. But it has been around for awhile now.
I still like blowing the bridges though, I feel like Dr Frankenstein.

Thanks for the link, I have tried that and I tried the trick for a 15x multiplier and my XP1800 is showing as a XP1700. Im going to try again for a 16X multiplier. I dont understand why that is happening, ecause I followed the directions to a tee.

Hmm i checked the ocinside link and for all multis on a Pally it says reserved? Is it not possible on the pallys for some reason?

So this would allow me to go into the bios and change my 1700+ tbred to have a multiplier of 16?

No I think this just sets the default multi of the chip, since this is not working for me, I cant say if you can change the multis afterwards

Tried for the 16X multi and what I got is the 12 multi..... my wires are in the same place and same config as the picture above also following the ocinside guide.. still no luck.....

hey Centered, you made sure to set the bios to Auto right? it should be VEYR simple and staright forward bro dont use the picture just go to that link:
select the right processor and speed IR multiplier you want, make sure u hav the socket view

print it out place it next to you and start workign away the mod takes me no more then 2-3 minutes to do with a small tweezer and a lot of light.

Im telling you bro it should work flawlessly you are missing something VERY small which your gonna beat yourself up about when you figure it out!

gluck keep us informed!

cheers

There's still a possibility of damaging the mobo and/or chip, right? Just less of a chance, I would guess.

I'll probably try it tonight.

-CPFitz-

You don't need 5 wires only 3 since you only need wires for the bits that are changing.

Back