• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital 120GB 8MB Cache @ 89.99 after MIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll never buy WD after I had 3 new hard drives crash...now they didn't all crash at the same time...first I got one and the sucker wouldn't even spin, so I RMA'd it, got the second one, this one would load fine, but when you rebooted, it wouldn't read, so you'd have to cold start, RMA'd that, last one I got loaded windows, got prime95 up and running then it stopped, no movement, a pure freeze. rebooted, would post then freeze when loading, formatted, same problem, repartitioned, formatted again, same thing, so I returned it again and they refunded my money luckily.

staples has a 160 i believe for like 90-99ish after rebates, not sure how long it's good for.

I have a western digital 3.2 gb drive that has been running 24/7 since 1998... If i were you I would play the lottery, getting 3 bad WD drives in a row... I know thats not uncommom from maxtor drives but not WD... :D

Hard drives are the most picked on component. Probably because if you have one fail you loose all of your data. These comments always turn into (in my best redneck voice) "Chevy is the best... they're built like a rock!"... "No way, Nothin's built FORD tough!"

Aside from IBM drives (and only a specific line of thiers), I've never seen evidence of one brand being that much better at reliability than another. I have a Maxtor, a WD, and a Seagate all in this house and I would reccomend them all.

I 2nd that

I have Maxtor Wd IBM Seagate Fujitsu they all work fine but the fujitsu is dead it's one of the oldest .. had to rma the IBM back to IBM but it works fine now.... luck of the draw.

Back