• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge Cooler for GigaByte 8KNXP ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheStealth

I've noticed that the North Bridge cooler of my new 8KNXP makes a lot of noise :( Is there a good, preferably passive, cooler that I can replace the stock one with?

Mike

I have no ideas, does the iceberg cooler fit? How do you like the board. My father-in -law wants to put a kick @$$ sys together and wants me to help him pick everything out. He is determined to get this board and I want to know how it is going for you.

Have not yet measured the size of cooler needed, wanted some suggestions first.

The 8KNXP is a nice feature rich board and stable from my 4-5 days of use. For overclocking though I have only so far been successfull in single channel mode (2,4C @ 3.2 not pushing it just a trial), but in dual channel windows give me blue screens related to memory and crashes on bootup. I'm not sure if my HyperX is defective or if I have to play with the bios a bit more to get the right settings for stability, I have just not had the time yet. Also my problems may be my windows install, I have not reinstalled from a fresh start for about a year.

Mike

Back