• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333-R = Highest processor speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NAC NAC

Registered
Right now I run an O/C'd xp2200

1) What is the highest XP chip anyone has installed on this board without failure? [stock - not O/C'd] [I realize it needs unlocking]
2) Could it be the XP2800-333FSB chip?
3) Or, has someone installed a XP3000 yet?
4) And, with what results?
5) Would it be better to go get a RAID MAX board, that supports the 333fsb & 400fsb AMD chip?

Thanks,
NAC NAC (aka LOLA)

I would think this mobo should be able to handle ANY amd chip on the market right now. My 2500 barton is not reconized as a barton 2500 but it atleast sees a chip being present and boots up. The mobo says "unknown cpu" for my chip. As long as it boots you should be able to adjust the multi/fsb accordingly. Since they havent released a new bios version It may not actually say "Amd 3200xp" but you should be able to use it as a xp3200. The only problem I can think of that you may run into is if you get like the 3200, which runs at 2.2ghz, and you want to oc it. I dont think this mobo can handle much more than about 190ish fsb, and the multi only allows 12.5. So, 12.5x190 = 2.37. That would be a waste of a chip, if your an oc'er. I believe the board will officially reconize upto an xp2600.

I hope this helps some

Back