• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SWG NDA lifted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlaughterUall

Just thought i would tell you all the NDA was lifted a few days ago. It's scheduled to be released on the 26th of this month. Personnally i won't be buying this game for sometime if ever. There is still to many bugs in it that should be fixed before release. They did put a new patch out saturday and i havn't had a chanch to play yet since then. Working to many hours this weekend. Alot of the crafting professions are still bugged (according to posts that are post patch). If I do decide to get this game it will many months down the road and even then i will have to REALLY think about it.

Anyone else that was in beta feels the same way i do? There is just to many bugs to be releaseing it in 3 days and counting.

SlaughterUall

aww man.. i was so looking foward to this game! i wasnt in the beta.. and just discovered a day or two ago that it was coming out so soon - i figured it wouldnt be for another month or so!!

what kind of bugs? the gameplay sucks? posts/links/opinions, lay it on me my man!

Most droids are bugged to hell and back. Armour taking away stats like they should but add NO protection from things. The maintance system requireing to much money (havn't test gotten it from posted on forum). People being stuck on plants after they die and cant do anything. Going from town to town or planet to planet you get tranported back to the same town you came from and not to the one you wanted to go to. The bazzar (EBAY of the galaxy) is laggy takes forever to load up. And sometimes when you retrieve your stuff you dont end up getting it. You can also not get payed for your items. I've recieved ingame mail telling me i sold a item for such and such amount but never get the money. My roommate found a way to walk threw walls a few weeks back bugged it and he can still do with the same steps he told them about.

SlaughterUall

SlaughterUall said:
Yeah it should be. They really should have put it off at least another month or so. Damn lusac arts.

SlaughterUall

im sure its more pressure coming from sony's behalf than lucas arts...

When I played about a month and a half ago the game was still buggy, laggy, and booooooring. It is, however much they try to deny it, mostly an EQ clone. I'd advise you not to buy it.:mad:

I was in the beta and I mostly agree with the negative assessments. However, while the game will be TERRIBLY buggy at release, it is still barely playable. It needed at least another month of testing just to get the bugs out and then another month for play balancing after all the major stuff is fixed.

I'm also dissapointed that there are no usable vehicles and there will be no space travel (sorry x-wing pilot wannabees). Though, I expect that they will be added as soon as they can fix all the current bugs.

If you are a beta tester, it will be easier to progress in the system as it is because we all know all the stuff to stay away from. However, new users will be screaming bloody murder when the house/harvester/factory they spent ages--and lots of cash--acquiring suddenly goes 'poof!' , or just doesn't work without good reason.

I would say that most of the major stuff will go away in about another month--but by then, there may be alot of people who just walk away disgusted about Sony/Lucas Art's handling of the whole thing.

EDIT: It will be interesting to read all the reviews from the major gaming mags. I wonder if they will assess it for what it is rather than what it could have been.

Back