• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 aqxda help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sblakers

Registered
I have tried just about everything to get my fsb over 205 or my multi at 11.5 but nothing will allow me to do this. I crash go blue screen or just plain freeze when trying to up my setting at all..
right now im running at 205 fsb 11 multi with stock voltage.. timings are at 6 3 3 2 and 1to1.. i have tried upping the voltage all the way to 2.0 ,i have tried upping voltage on my memory and even bumped up the vdd but nothing seems to work. When ever i scale up past 205 fsb i crash and when i hit 11.5 multi its the same way and i have tried every combo of voltage settings.

my set up is as follows
2500 barton aqxda 0319 spcw
epox ep 8rda3+
2 512 corsair xms 3200 running in dual channel
koolance water cooled system with the cpu and north bridge being water cooled-both with arctic silver 3 thermal paste
antec true 530 watt psu
geforce fx 5800 ultra- about to have the 5900 ultra however

my temps never go above 31c degrees on my koolance lcd readings
thanx in advance for any help =)

have you tried a higher fsb with only 1 stick of ram? what about with relaxed timings?

11.5*205=2357 mhz that's a good o/c for a barton :D

Have you tried setting it to.....210x5......to see if it's your ram settings.....also...as for your multiplier problemn (not being able to achieve higher then 11.5) have you tried 133x12?........if these do work then oyu know that your chip is just maxed out......my 1700+ is tuckerd out at 2.47 or something like that......the chip just cannot hit 2.5 period....I am hoping it is my ram....but it seems like the thing went from sorta stable to WALL!...so if thats the case no biggie man....you have yourself a chip worth I think $600...seeing as those are the specs for a 3200+ Barton and all.....and you probably didn't pay anything near that....thats what it's all about ;)...good luck:D

hmm... im at 11.o by 204 which gives my only 2254 mhz.. from what i have read i should be able to get at least 2.3 on water cooling. Is it possible my chip is maxed at that speed ?.. i

oh ya i forgot to say thanx to everyone on these boards u guys are by far the most helpfull and nicest people i have had the pleasure of asking questions from... You guys rock =)

ok... something really strange is happening. At 203 by 11.0 im am totaly stable at default voltage - i think its 1.65.. but at those same settings when i pump up the voltage to like 1.80 i crash i cant even load windows consistantly.. i check my temps and in bios im at 41c and on my koolance led im at 30c so i dont think heat is causing this.. Is it possible that my chip can only take small doses of volatage?

Back