• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweak232

I have read conficting things, ether that or I didn't understand, so I will just ask the question: Is stock 800mghz(quad pumped) better than a lower fsb for overclocking, cauz if it were lower the multiplier would be higher and increase the clock speed more than the 800(quad) if adding say, 33 to the non-quad fsb?(Iv gone crosseyed from writing that, was I unclear?)

I'm not sure if I follow what your saying entirely, but having a high FSB is always good. Higher FSB will boost performance. A 2.4C will benchmark better than a 2.4B.

I would have thought that a faster bus speed would be more desireable, since the multiplier is locked. The "C" series of chips also has Hyperthreading - which I'm finding the best thing ever.

K, I wuz just thinking a higher multiplier would we better, but I am wrong, so I will go with p4 2.4c 800mhz fsb. :) thx

ps. Why does everyone here have the p4 2.4c? Is it just that good?(for overclocking)

Back