• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded 9500np + Retail Barton HS = :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MassiveOverkill

Bumped my core from 350 to 380 with room to spare and finally broke 17k in 3DMark2001SE. Retail Barton HS is copper btw (actually mine was also nickle plated). This is with the Omega Drivers. I was tempted to do a BIOS flash to get the memory higher, but I think I'll leave it.

nice overclock. I'm about to put a cpu heatsink on my 9500np. I hope I have similar results.
I was thinking about a bios flash to increase mem clock too since it worked so well for 9700np owners. But I did not read a single instance where it helped someone with a 9500np, so I'm not going to do it.

I have a 9500 np w/ softmod to 9700 np. It is w/ stock HSF and without ramsink. Highest overclock is 360/311 without artifact in 3DMark03 (5487).

Flashed w/ MuFu 9700 pro bios and it works. but it does not help higher memory or core overclocking at all. Maybe is due to ram cooling and will try ramsink to see whether it indeed helps.

Back