• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vantec aeroflow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My personal pref. is thermalright as well. I think the cheap sk7 is a good option too if strapped for cash and not try to eek out every last drop.

I'd have to agree. Thermalright has top-of-the-line products in terms of heatsinks. Granted the aeroflow is a good cooler, especially the P4 version, but the Thermalright is better.

The fan on my aeroflow died so i would really reccommend against it, id go with the thermalrights, more flexible, higher performing, and more secure mounting, for the U series of thermal rights that is.

I estimated an aeroflow would lose about 200-300 MHz compared to a SLK-800/900 when overclocking an AMD CPU such as a Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C on air. Pls take a look at those numbers, and see whether the results are correct at least to the first order.

Originally posted by hitechjb1 (06-22-2003 08:18 PM)
This is a summary of the indiividual results posted before.

Comparing some HSF's on CPU overclock frequency on air

Reference HSF:
HSF 0.23 C/W e.g. SLK-800(U)
Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C 2500 MHz, 1.9 V, 50 C load
5 C rise in ambient, lower CPU overclock frequency by 5.3%

HSF 0.25 C/W e.g. SK7
CPU overclocks 30 MHz lower compared to SLK-800(U).
5 C rise in ambient, lower CPU overclock frequency by another 5-6%

HSF 0.30 C/W e.g. Vantec Aeroflow, Volcano 7+
CPU overclocks 212-300 MHz lower compared to SLK-800(U), to 2200-2288 MHz
5 C rise in ambient, lower CPU overclock frequency by another 6.7%

HSF 0.36 C/W e.g. Volcano9, Volcano 11
CPU overclocks 347-433 MHz lower compared to SLK-800(U), to 2067-2153 MHz
5 C rise in ambient, lower CPU overclock frequency by another 6.7%

How are the details about how above numbers were estimated:
Reference:

Impact of higher ambient temperature on CPU clock frequency (page 6)

Comparing different HSF's and impact of ambient temperature on max CPU frequency (HSF 0.3 C/W) (page 6)

Comparing different HSF's and impact of ambient temperature on max CPU frequency (HSF 0.36 C/W) (page 7)

of Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C 2.5+ GHz air results

Back