• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apacer doing 5-3-3-2Cl @ 400DDR - is it good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vovan

As I ordered 2x512 MB 400DDR sticks of Apacer, I thought these have at least Infineons or Samsungs in it. But that was a noname.
Before I shipped it back, ´cause I thought they were bad, I decided to make a little test on my NF7S and ... wow. I am no profi in all this memory special tunnings, but running 400 at 7-4-4-2,5CL in SPD is already much speedy. After tunning and some lock ups the final speed was 5-3-3 CL2(!) with a standart Voltage, but I do pumped 0.1 Volts more to insure better stability, even I It ran all tests with std. Voltage with no problemo.

Now the big question:

Is it fast enough for 2x60$ ?

Last edited:
Vovan said:
As I ordered 2x512 MB 400DDR sticks of Apacer, I thought that it would have at least Infineons or Samsungs in it. But that was a noname.
Before I shipped it back, ´cause I thoght they were bad, I decided to make a little test on my NF7S and ... wow. I am no profi in all this memory special tunnings, but running 400 at 7-4-4-2,5CL in SPD is already much speedy. After tunning and some lock ups the final speed was 5-3-3 CL2(!) without a standart Voltage, but I do pumped 0.1 Volts more to insure better stability, even I It ran all tests with std. Voltage with no problemo.

Now the big question:

Is it fast enough for 2x60$ ?

Try higher voltage and see how high they can go...
Thos speeds are decent but try for higher...:D

That's not bad at all. At those speeds and timings I would keep it.
That's decent memory.
I think it'll go higher with some more Vmem.

What the "no name" is? .... must look, just give me a couple of days(have exams at the University now).
By the way, I achieved 4-3-3-2cl without VMem rising!

Last edited:
If your lucky enough, no name != bad. I've been using some brandless ram for sometime now at 5x2x2x2 and its been doing fine. I haven't checked what chips it used because of the heatspreader that came with it and it hasn't cause any problems. But for the $70 per stick that I paid a couple of months back, its an awesome deal. Even though I haven't been able to get it to run at 200mhz, which I believe is limited by the mobo, its still a steal.

Dunno... my Samsung PC2700 (rated for CL2.5) can do DDR400 @ 5-2-2-2, but then it's slightly (by $5, I think) more expensive than the Apacer. If you're content with an FSB of 200, then by all means keep it.

The chips are marked "PSC" with a quad-like logo on it.
Rated 5ns.
According to the Apacer sticker, the modules are rated DDR400 cl2.5

My two NF7-S`s (i have 4x512MB modules totally) detect their SPD as 7-4-4 CL2.5 as DDR400 and 5-4-4 CL2 as DDR333
As I already said - now working with 4-3-3 CL2 @DualDDR400
Running Sync :burn:

Last edited:
Back