• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S DC: Corsair 3200LL or 3500C2 for max OC/BW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

I'm tossed trying to decide which Corsair RAM to purchase for my NF7-S Dual channel settup:

2*CMX512-3200LL
OR
2*CMX512-3500C2

I will be attempting to reach MAX OC on both the CPU (2500 Barton WC sertup) and Memory. Granted that the most common Dual Channel FSB OC rates are between 210 - 220 Mhz or so, which of the above two would be most capable of achieving those rates with the most mem bandwidth?

Thanx!

http://home.attbi.com/~c.lamarr/Barton_2nd.JPG

This is what I got messing around with a friends stick of the 512MB Corsair PC3200LL.

Keep in mind I said stick. Not Dual (It beat both the 3200&2700 dually's in sandra, timings maybe?). and Im also running the Asus A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 with a Barton 2500+ (Running here at a little over 3200+ speeds). Should be along the same lines as what you could get tho.

Im not sure what I had the timing set to in the bios. I think they were set to the 'Aggressive' preset. I forget what those timings are tho, sorry.

This 'Ultra 400' version of the chipset seems to like 200Mhz+ FSB's. No stablility issues. Im running @ 202Mhz FSB right now with ram @ 83% = 168Mhz (I have some lame PC2700) until I can pickup some PC3200 of my own. I know the extra FSB does nothing without the mem Bandwidth, I just like the 3200+ title on boot. :)

i too would like to know which is better... im building a p4c bases system and dont know which corsair ram to put in those are pretty much my ram choices as well...

Back