• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just joined the team!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

Now you guys get my 395 units...woohoo right? LOL. Seriously though, the majority of my 4 years was crunching the screensaver on a K6-2 400 at college and occasionally on my laptop. Hence, the low numbers. I'm working on improving that now though, with my current rigs. You can check my stats under my e-mail address, [email protected], or my name, Eric Martin.

Last edited:
Welcome to this great team. Every WU is welcome. Everyone from the Two Norsemen to that guys that just dropped a single WU into team and everuone in between aare certainly helpful to the team.

If you need any help with configuration just drop us a quick message and we will happily try to get something for you ;)

BTW, I've been using the CLC for about a 1 1/2 years now. That's when I really started doin my research on how to crank out more units. I only had about 60 units before that and it was averaging me 60-70 hours/unit!

WELCOME ABOARD!

Congratulations on what many of us consider a wise decision on your part. I think you will be hard pressed to find a warmer or more friendly bunch of people to associate with in the SETI Community. Oh, and I forgot to mention we are about the most competitive and dedicated bunch of "crunchers" around as well.

As for your question, once you have completed the "Join Team" thingy on Berkeley's website your stats will automatically appear on the Team Stats Page at Berkeley plus you will begin showing up in the stats page on our team website at:

www.ocsetiteam.com

I'll try to keep an eye out and make sure the transition goes smoothly.

SkyHook

BTW - How does you UserName appear on SETI? (in case it is different than your forum name here)

BTW2 - I'm showing an "Eric Martin" as a new arrival with approx. 397 WUs, if this is you everything is Good To Go and you will begin showing up in the stats on our website with tonight's update.

Last edited:
That's me! Too bad I crunched that many units on a slow machine using the screensaver. Now it'll take me forever to get a respectable avg. time per WU. I'm actually putting them out about every 3-3 1/2 hours with my fastest machine.

Just So You Understand

While BIG numbers are really Great, especially for the "Old Ego", I think I can speak for most of the team when I say that whether you do 1 or 100 WUs a day, you are now an important part of this team. We want you to enjoy the interaction with your fellow team mates while possibly learning a little bit from the assembled wealth of experience and maybe adding to that wealth with your own knowledge and experience.

SkyHook

Re: Just So You Understand

SkyHook said:
While BIG numbers are really Great, especially for the "Old Ego", I think I can speak for most of the team when I say that whether you do 1 or 100 WUs a day, you are now an important part of this team. We want you to enjoy the interaction with your fellow team mates while possibly learning a little bit from the assembled wealth of experience and maybe adding to that wealth with your own knowledge and experience.

SkyHook

Man, it's nice to associate with intellectuals...

Re: Re: Just So You Understand

cooldrum3 said:

Man, it's nice to associate with intellectuals...

Obviously if you are associating that comment with me, you have failed to throughly evaluate the "Rank" I carry along with my Username in the lefthand portion of my posts.

I did however notice your location as Drexel, very prestigous! Might I ask, are you faculty, or student? Irregardless it is always good to see another representative of the Keystone State, decide to hitch their wagon to our energized STAR!

SkyHook

Re: Re: Re: Just So You Understand

SkyHook said:

Obviously if you are associating that comment with me, you have failed to throughly evaluate the "Rank" I carry along with my Username in the lefthand portion of my posts.

I did however notice your location as Drexel, very prestigous! Might I ask, are you faculty, or student? Irregardless it is always good to see another representative of the Keystone State, decide to hitch their wagon to our energized STAR!

SkyHook

LOL. I was wondering about the Village Idiot moniker. Actually I'm a part-time student, full-time professional now. I went till I ran out of money (very expensive school), then was on hiatus for about a year, and now I have a decent paying full-time job, so I'm back. I have about 7 classes left. Then, I'm probably going to go for my either my MBA or my Masters in Information Systems.

BTW: I'm 519th with 399 units as of last night's update. As of 1:30p today, I already have 411! Time to start jumping ranks :D.

UPDATE 6/27/03: As of last night's update, I jumped 9 spots to 510th. 19 WU's in one day...not enough dammit! Must crunch harder!

Last edited:
Back