Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!
Forum Jump

That time of month

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-25-03, 08:31 PM Thread Starter   #1
DreamingWolf
Wheel Walker

That time of month

I know I'm two days late, but better late than never. It's the 25th of the month and time to help those who keep the doors to these hallowed halls open.

The Admins pay ALOT out of pocket for the server space and bandwidth of these forums and any help we can give is always greatly appreciated.

So, if you've got $1 or 2, why not send it to OC.com. There's a convenient 'donate' button at the bottom of the main page of the forums. If anyone doesn't have paypal and would like to help, PM an Admin, Mod, Senior or me and we'll help get things arranged.

Thanks to all for making this such a wonderful community.

DWolf

PS Anyone who would like to donate on a regular basis but, like me, has a faulty memory chip and would like a reminder, I send one out around the 23rd of every month. To be added to the list just PM or email me.

"Science has sometimes been said to be opposed to faith, and inconsistent with it. But all science, in fact, rests on a basis of faith, for it assumes the permanence and uniformity of natural laws - a thing which can never be demonstrated." --Tyron Edwards

Don't know where to start? Try the forums search function, or just PM me and I'll help or find who can :D.
Has someone helped above and beyond? Post a Thank You
here
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD x64 4800+, 4G Corsair 3500, 2X BFG7800 in SLI mode, 2X 24" Dell flatpanels, Audigy 2zs platinum, & enough fans to hover the space shuttle:)

Last edited by DreamingWolf; 06-25-03 at 08:38 PM.
DreamingWolf is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-26-03, 04:01 AM   #2
David
Forums Super Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Location: Hiding from Americans and making pretty colours in a drybox in St Andrews

10 Year Badge

Thwack.....BUMP.

I got paid last week, so I suppose I'll drop a few $ into the OC.com kitty .

The Workhorse: [Lenovo W510] Intel Core i7-720QM / 8 GB DDR3 / nVidia Quadro FX880M / Crucial M4 256 GB SSD / Windows 7
The HTPC/Server: AMD Phenom X4 9650 / 6 GB DDR2 / nVidia 8300 / 5 TB of HDDs / Antec Solo II Case / Windows 7
The Gaming Rig: AMD Llano A6-3650 / 4 GB DDR3 / nVidia GTX260 / 2x 500 GB HDD in RAID0 / Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case / Windows 7
The Benchmarking Setup: Various LGA775 chips / Asus Rampage Formula / 2 GB OCZ 1066 MHz DDR2 / nVidia Quadro NVS 285 / 320 GB HDD / Windows 7

My research fellowship is eating all my time, so I may be slow to reply to emails and private messages.
David is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-26-03, 04:22 AM   #3
Toysrme

I'd be happy to if I had any spare money Sorry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...isc/Avatar.jpg
Toysrme is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-26-03, 06:21 PM   #4
xsquared_uk

I said this elsewhere, but any UK people who don't have Paypal can send cheques, stamps, whatever to me and I'll pay on their behalf - PM me if you need it!
xsquared_uk is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-23-03, 10:15 PM Thread Starter   #5
DreamingWolf
Wheel Walker

***BUMP***

Anyone out there able/willing to help this month???

Every penny appreciated and I will grovel/beg for donations

DWolf

"Science has sometimes been said to be opposed to faith, and inconsistent with it. But all science, in fact, rests on a basis of faith, for it assumes the permanence and uniformity of natural laws - a thing which can never be demonstrated." --Tyron Edwards

Don't know where to start? Try the forums search function, or just PM me and I'll help or find who can :D.
Has someone helped above and beyond? Post a Thank You
here
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD x64 4800+, 4G Corsair 3500, 2X BFG7800 in SLI mode, 2X 24" Dell flatpanels, Audigy 2zs platinum, & enough fans to hover the space shuttle:)
DreamingWolf is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-23-03, 10:39 PM   #6
moz_21

10 Year Badge

Didn't the forums get bought out?

[Win7 x64 Desktop] Asus P8P67 w/ i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz 1.37v, CM 212 EVO, 16GB Mushkin DDR3 (991996) @ 2133MHz 9-11-10-28-39 2T, Sapphire AMD Radeon 290X, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, Antec P183 gunmetal grey, SeaSonic 850W PSU
[Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server] Supermicro H8DME-2, 2x Opteron 2419 (6 core 1.8GHz), 20GB DDR2 ECC, 12x 1.5TB Samsung MDADM RAID6 array, wrapped in an AIC 24bay chassis
[Win7 x64 Media PC] Asus M4A88T, Phenom 2 965 X4 @ stock, 8GB RAM, ATI HD-5450, OCZ Onyx 32GB, Seagate 7200.11 1TB, Ceton InfiniTV 4
[Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64 Laptop] Acer Aspire 5733Z, Intel P6200 2.13GHz, 4GB DDR3 ram, I-GMA, Hitachi 320GB
[Win7 x64 Laptop] Acer Aspire 5530, AMD Turion X2 RM70 2GHz, 3GB ram, ATI Radeon HD3200, OCZ Vertex 2 50GB
[Smoothwall 3.0] Compaq Deskpro, PIII 833 on an i810 chipset, 512MB CL2 ram, 74Gb WD Raptor, 2x Realtek NIC
[My].Heatware
moz_21 is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-23-03, 11:42 PM   #7
nikhsub1
Unoriginal Macho Moderator

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by moz_21
Didn't the forums get bought out?
Yes and money is apparently not an issue anymore...

Old 10-23-03, 11:57 PM   #8
OSUmaxx

10 Year Badge

If you'd still like to help out and buy from Newegg, look here:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showth...hreadid=239655

OSUmaxx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-24-03, 04:45 AM   #9
skab

Thought Skip had to pay for repair to one of the servers this week, was in post from yesterday?

skab is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-24-03, 08:08 PM   #10
nahmus

ya whats the deal. I've no problem donating to skip and the admins but I thought that was why they sold the forums to take care of money costs. Now I just click on the banner ads when shopping shopping so that oc.com gets the click credits.

now i'm just confused

Old 10-24-03, 08:29 PM   #11
bubba gump

Well just becuase its not owned by skip doesn't mean that money isn't an object here

We still probably use up a lot of bandwidth, even though the recent changes have probable lessened that greatly (even though the majority of these changes, if any will never come back). Money is still an object here, so go through newegg and support the new full sponsors if you will, of these lovely forums

Fold and Frag on
Brian
bubba gump is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-24-03, 11:47 PM   #12
Maxvla

afaik all costs are paid by Inet Interactive now.

Mushkin 2x2GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX460 1GB
Intel X-25M 80GB SSD
Magnetics - 2x2TB 4x1TB
Corsair HX850W PSU
NEC DVD-RW
Maxvla is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-25-03, 12:25 AM   #13
quail

Well then, how about sendin some cash for all the free time skip spends here , ive got no problem with that!
quail is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Folding Team
Folding Team Join the Overclockers.com Protein-Folding Team and support medical research!