• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvidia to ati install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckbadly

I know this is a simple question, but I just want to be safe. I got my new 9500np today, and want to install it, all I have ever used was nvidia cards. Do I just uninstall the nvidia drivers, power down, install the radeon card and power up and install the ati drivers I have already d/l ed ? I have already d/l detonator destroyer to get rid of all the nvidia stuff, can I just use that to uninstall the drivers or does it not support xp, I thought I seen that somewhere on the site I got it from(the detonator destroyer that is). I feel stupid, but at least I made the leap to ati, my Geforce2 ultra was getting a little outdated, although it has been a solid peformer for a long time for me.:)

Yep, uninstall the Nvidia drivers then reboot then delete all the nvidia driver folders then run one of those cleaner programs. I would just reformat though, but that's just me.

Godzilla said:
Reformatting is a bit extreme! :eek:

In many cases, not at all. nVidia leave a HELL of a lot of stuff behind when you "uninstall" their drivers...and it all conflicts with the ATi drivers that get installed.

I reccomend people reformat every now and then anyways...keeps things running fresh, and gets rid of a lot of clutter that slows your computer down

Thanks for the tips fellas, I got the card in today. I just uninstalled the Nvidia drivers via add/remove programs, used detonator destroyer to complete the process, powered down, put the card in, powered up, installed the drivers, and was good to go. I'm with ya Evnas, reformatting should be done every now and then, doesn't hurt a thing. Again, thanks for the info guys.

:burn:

My next question would be, can you guys shed some light or give suggestions on overclocking this badboy? I d/l rage 3d tweaker, I'm new to ATI so any help would be appreciated from my end. Maybe some settings on or off that I can do. Thanks fellas, you are great.

I don't use any crap like that. If you want just plain vanilla overclocking abilities download Radclocker.. it adds a tab to your drivers for overclocking and it's the cleanest and most adjustable thing out there for just overclocking.

Back