• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA:VC and the ...er, seaplane

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sangram

GTA:VC and the dild...er, seaplane

Hi

I'm having a lot of trouble in the mission for the Film studio where you get to fly a seaplane. Ditto for the RC baron race on top of the North Point Mall, and the Auntie Poulet mission which invloves flying a toy plane.

Well, guess waht I can't fly these buggers at all. The revs build up till they're screaming, but they don't take off, just move around on the ground. Most of the time the dodo runs out of fuel or I have to abort the mission by blowing up the RC planes.

I have no problems with any other vehicle - including helis. Apart from the fact that once they come really near the ground the dust storms make the framerate drop to like 5 fps.

I use Mouse and keyboard only. Do I need a controller of some type?

you have to use keypad 6 (up) and keypad 9 (down) to control planes...or you can go to options and re-configure wich keys you want for them...

done that, I use 8 and 2. No response at all using all possible combinations. As I said, the heli flies fine. Only the planes don't...

I'll try it again, tho'

Like you I couldnt control planes worth anything with keyboard. Now with a joypad its no problem whatsoever.

Double check the setup to see what your keys are mapped as.

Then...

Apply throttle in a plane until you have a decent head of steam built up. Start tapping the pitch UP key (which would be 2 or 3 at default) to see if you can get off the ground. This depends on speed, but if it LOOKS like you're going fast enough, you probably are. It doesn't take too much or too long to build speed needed to take off.

Back