• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 F1 Default Perf??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

netdale

Alright - I've been screwing around with my system for the past night or so and I have some serious questions.....

P4 2.4C
IS7 Bios 1.4
1gig of Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL

I cannot even keep XP/Prime95 stable w/ F1 enabled @ 2400 - doesnt that sound odd?

My overclocks suck - I have been barely able to keep it stable at anything above stock w/ mem timings turned way down.....ideas?

I have a copper swiftech (forget the model) w/ a delta so I dont think heat is the issue......thanks in advance fellows

Dale

I can't keep the F1 setting stable either, but I don't think I've seen anyone who has. The Street Racer setting should work fine though. Try that out and see if it works.

mattspalace said:
I haven't seen version 1.4 either:confused:
People are posting links to the 1.4 beta BIOS at the abit forums. The latest official release is 1.3, available at Abit's site.

Well, I also bought IS7 with HyperX3500.

I use 2.4b C1 chip at 2900 and F! mode is no go. It just freezes during early boot sequence. Blah!

Also this board seems to be undervolter 3.3 is actually 3.15 as it was on my old trusty TH7-II

Btw. how much does better psu affect on overclocker results ? I have now Codegen 350w and I can hear fan noise up and down when stressing my comp...

go into the bios, and the selection after where you choose F1, change the Auto selection to strengthened. That will probably fix it.

-I got that tid bit from another thread..

I managed to get F1 mode stable by raising vmem to 2.65V (all settings on auto), or by setting refresh rate @ enhanced.
Maybe it's because I run @ 630MHz fsb so the memory isn't stressed much (PC3500).
Still saving up for a P4 2.8c :)

Heh.. I've tried every single game accelerator setting and no matter which one i use the machine won't boot. it gets to the booting screen and just locks up or has cheksum errors and all sorts of things.. I gave up on it long ago :) Tried different ram and everything. It just doesn't work so i leave it all to auto and set the timings manually. this is on ic7 btw

Back