• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick, Should I make this trade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neptune

Okay, I have the opportunity to make a CPU trade. AMD 2400+ for a 1700+... here are the markings on the 1700+

AXDA 1700 DLT3C
AIWGA 0322SPMW

Seems like a good trade to me, seeings how I've heard about these DLT3C's, but i've been on the Intel side of the fence for awhile, so I thought I'd make sure first.

I'll be using water cooling to cool it.

-Nep

"AIWGA" No way. That's a T-Bred A, last letter of stepping code being an "A", which also had a default voltage of 1.5v. Don't confuse these with the new T-Bred B DLT3C's. They overclock, far, far worse. And far worse than your 2400+.

The first tbreds manufactured were the "A" tbreds. Unfortunately they don't overclocked very well.

DON'T MAKE THE TRADE.

Perhaps a bad sign here that an '03 week 22 1700 is an A core. Any chance amd is done making dlt3c B cores?

All the cores AMD is making today have the additional layer AFAIK...thus they should be "B"s...that is really strange. Some part of the code must be wrong. There can't be an '03 week 22 T-Bred A.

Thats what is says tho... odd. I'm going to take it home tonight and play with it, if its any good, i'll trade, otherwise i'll keep my 2400

Neptune said:
Thats what is says tho... odd. I'm going to take it home tonight and play with it, if its any good, i'll trade, otherwise i'll keep my 2400
This is very interesting- the code suggests a Tbred A - if the coding is correct however maybe they are reverting back to it because they feel they have ironed out the issues that occurred on the early models? Anyway do some pioneering work on the chip as naturally we are all very very interested!

Yeah, some other interesting steppings are popping up these days. Maybe its meant to be play a revision A role to the upcoming Thorton? Well, we'll soon see.

Well it was Definitely a TbredA - It wouldn't post in my computer setup running 2700+ specs. Ah well, I'm working at this small PC store now, so I'll just keep an eye out for the majic chips.

Anyone mind telling me what the best known T-Bred's are right now?

I have tried 5 different DLT3C steppings(0307SMPW,0308XPMW,0308MPMW,0310XPMW,0311VPMW)
And i surely have choose stepping "0310XPMW"(12x228=2850MHz):D

Back