• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's up with Splinter cell and AA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

method().man

I get these weird renderings on the side of my screen that look like extremely bright halogens whenever I enable AA. Also, I can see that some of the dynamic lighting effects are going through things they're not supposed to - like Sam's body.

What video card do you use? Splinter Cell has problems with radeons and the 3.4 Cat's, but the 3.5's fix the probs.

I thought there was a problem with the game that all AA messes it up. While radeons can enable it GF cards do an override and turn AA off no matter what you set it at.

This is definitly a know issue with the game and the manufature admits it. Wether its with the game or just the Splinter Cell Bench I'm not sure. Maybe the 3.5s are suposed to do the GF like AA override and turn AA off no matter what you set it at.

Then again it could just be the benchmark.

No, I wasn't even benchmarking... I was just trying to play the damn game. Right when I get into the training area, my screen goes bonkers.

It happened in Anand's benching of the 9800 Pro & 5900 Ultra so I'm assuming it could be the same in the game, not just the bench.

And its a problem with the game (the game maker states such) and the GF drivers disable AA no matter what you set it on.

So what I'm saying is its probably the game too and just not the benchmark. Have you DLed the latest game patch?

Back