• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HELP* P4PE Windows Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CZmanz19

Well just switched to intel from amd YEH!!! One problem i cant experience the fun because i cant load windows. I am having these problems

1. When I load windows It says that there errors on almost half of the files thus meaning it doesnt complete the intstallation. It does this on all HDD that i have used. I have 2 Seagate 80gbs and a SATA Seagate 80gb.

2. When I try to use the SATA and One of the ATA drives I get the message that says that there was an error when creating the array.

3. I get a blue screen of death (aka blue screen) during windows install saying that I have an ICQ error.

4. The one time it got through the install of windows it came to a screen that said that the product catalog failed and it wont finish the install

5. Got it farther than it has ever been but it showed the REGISTRY_ERROR on a blue screen after i entered the computer name and time and date
BTW i have tried both Home and Pro same stuff on both and dont care if I get it in raid or not i just want a working system Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Looks like all your problems are HDD related. If all your HDD's are still partitioned and (raid?)setup from a previous system you can get all these problems. Start setting up Windows with just one HDD (preferrably NOT the serial-ATA) connected (and set as) 'master'. Use a bootfloppy and fdisk to (re)partition it. When fdisk tells you to reboot, don't do it, and first type 'fdisk/mbr' to (re)create a master boot record. Then reboot and format. If you can manage all this you should be set!

Is this at default speeds for cpu and ram?

Which bios are you running?

I had the same problem when i got my p4pe. I had a celly 1.7 installed as a temp processor. Due to the asus splash screen, i didn't notice the fsb was set to 133. eheh needless to say, the chip would become unstable about 10 mins into an installation.

Back