• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gha, Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

durrem

I just purchased a 1.2 Celeron to replace the one in my server, which will be migrated via Slot-T adapter to my mother's computer. I purchased it from Newegg because I had heard that they had a high inventory turnover, so I was more likely to get a tb1 stepping processor, or at lease a more recent ta1.

I just got the processor today and what did I get? A pack date of 1/14/02...grr... I think this one's older than my first one, which didn't overclock worth anything...

I was going to put this in G&M, but I figured that it would be better to put it in vendor discussion to let people know that the high inventory turnover myth at Newegg is just that, a myth. Plus, there's not really much to gripe about, as it will probably hit 1.2 as advertised ;)

Ah, well. 50% chance at 1.6.

especially older celeron chips. they will only have a high turnover if people actually buy the chips

ptwearnhardtfan said:
Rma it, and see wha comes next. You might get lucky.
Hope you get lucky enough to get a burnt chip if you do that. AND I hope Newegg loses your package and you have to wait a month or 2 to get your CPU.

I hate when people return perfectly good components because people dont have the foresight to order from a company which will guarantee to give you what you want for a few $s more.

What do you do for a living. Just imagine if someone did likewise to you.

I bought a Babyruth. Then I returned it when it didnt create the massive mob craze I expected when I threw it in the pool.

Worst fake poop ever. Its all 711's fault.

I bought a 1.2 from them too, and got a Jan pack date. So what, I bet you its the best you'll get. If Newegg can't get rid of them, then HTH can you expect other businesses with less traffic to be better?

Back