• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THIS is hilarious!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dippy_skoodlez

Been watching tech tv lately?? Then you MUST've seen the new tiger direct ad for their "exclusive" pc. For only $1199, you can get a whole 3.0c P4 gaming PC!!! WHOO!!!!... err.. well... RIGHT??!!?? HAHA!! think again!

"Video Card Sold Separately"

HA HA!! that is directly form that page. heres the link for it.. they fail to mention THAT i the commmercial.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=H24-TS02 P
Thats the greatest ive seen for a long time!

Says you can choose a card when you purchase it with extra money... As i see it, if you dont put the computer together yourself, you got ripped off x3 :rolleyes:

How about some simpletech 512 pc133 upgrade?
Killer deal!

Last edited:
Its a HP...no OCing...besides no video...

Manufactured by: Hewlett Packard
Manufacturer Part No: DL655C
Shipping Weight: 35.0 pounds
Limited Warranty: 12 months parts; 12 months labor

its marketing... you put in one or two really good parts and make the rest crap... then sell the whole thing for dirt cheap (well its dirt cheap to the uneducated) and rake in the cash...

Ghost68 said:
its marketing... you put in one or two really good parts and make the rest crap... then sell the whole thing for dirt cheap (well its dirt cheap to the uneducated) and rake in the cash...

In my opinion the biggest seller is probably the case with the window or a case with a cathode.

Wanna know what is REALLY funny? I work for HP in their plant in Omaha. We have been building a ton of these XW4100s for Tiger Direct in the last week... they are nothing but a 4100 with a Tiger nameplate badge and sticker slapped on them. :)

We are building so many of them I was wondering myself what kind of deal HP was cutting Tiger on them. They have [slow] ECC memory in them. They are Asus Canterwood boards inside. Kinda overpriced if you ask me.

Now we DID build some real Workstations this week. XW8000s with dual 3.06 Xeons, 2gb memory, 3X146gb SCSI HDDs, Quadro 980XGLs. Those were for the Florida Dept. of Transportation [your tax dollars at work].

Ben721 said:

In my opinion the biggest seller is probably the case with the window or a case with a cathode.

That's very true! My friend was looking to buy a computer, so I told him I could build one for him. He's like no, I want an Alienware because they look cool. So I was like ok whatever waste your money on it, I can build you the exact same thing without the Alien head on the front.

if somone has alienware budget i would rather have same system only with a vapo pe and a nice raid array.

Acutally you cant get that case, unless best buy will sell you one (ive heard of people buying display cases).

However,

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS THAT POS???

IMO, its ugly as sin.

if only the public knew how much money the got ripped from by buying an HP or Dell or Gateway...i am glad i took the time to understand building my own computer instead of wasting 500 bucks letting dell build me "the pc of my dreams" eh! i got the best pc around here, and it's the coolest lookin too....

Actually buying Dell is not bad...Parts that is....I mean for the price of some of the sales on pc Dell has you get some nice CPU, Vid, HDD and so forth. Not sure what to do with the case afterwards though. Sometimes cheaper than you can get at Newegg and what not.

Plus, when you buy a dell, you get support, should something go wrong. That is if the person who bought the dell doesn't know someone like us!

Scott

Back