• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunbeam behind chieftec door??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

I have a cheiftec dragon case and i serched but didnt find anyone who said wether or not this will fit inside my door. So i will start a new trhead instead of digging up one of the old ones. Basically this is a verry popular rheobus and a very popular case so someone is bound to know. =) Simple q will it fit?

P.S. could i use a knob to controll a cold cathode(s) if they are under the correct wattage? would this trip them out? i know i could at least make it work from 0 and 12 but what aobut in the middle ranges as a dimmer?

Thanks,
Zerileous.

well i dont know about the dragon

bujt im sure it would fit on my chieftec server chassis

and arent they pretty similar?

as to the cold cathode, im not srue

i think they are just about exctally the same when it comes to front bezel(or whatever the plastic thingie is called) design. What im worried about is the indintation in the plastic where the vents are to the top part hitting. Thats a good centemeter cut out of the clearance, if it was somehow specialized not to hit those (or didnt by luck) im sure it would fit too.

i remember reading something about undervolting the cathode, don't remember where. at any rate, if you run the cathode at lower voltages, it only lights up part way, depending on the voltage. for instance if u supplied 6 volts, the cathode will only light up half way.

iv also heard cathodes will light only part way, and yes you can hook up cathodes to the sunbeam... i was reading a review about them that said that was listed as a feature...

ok what about the fit, and i have a problem here too. Many of my fans are 4 pinners! I want to get it set up like this and i dont know how to make it all work right:

intake 1 and 2 on first channel, both 3 pin

exhaust 1 and 2 on second channel, one 4 one 3 pin

side intake 4 pin

cpu 3 pin

i dont know how to wire this up or what adapters i would need for it. Also if i get cathode lighting i would hook them up to a channel and combine intake and exhaust (yes those four fans are below 20 watts togather.)

thanks, i had already checked there but that was lastnight after no sleep for a full 36 hours sooo i was i bit wacky, i didnt think anything in there had female 3 pins and i thought it was all stupid stuff, lol. Also, is there a way to get a simple setup where RPM monitoring branches off the CPU fan and maybee one other fan in the front to hook up to my temp/rpm readout LCD? Should i just take a 3 pin Y adaptor and rip out the unneeded wires so the RPM wire goes one way and the two power on the other? How would i switch the plastic things around. I have a ton of 3 pin to 4 pin adapters so getting an extra female isnt a problem. how replaceable arer the pins in these plugs? Are they as easy as molexes?

Edit i found out this wont work, the pins are physically different, i can do a cheep reconstruction job though by splicng things aoround and holding it togather with elec tape

Last edited:
Back