• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need an opinion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Well now that everyone is saying its my vid card, im going to have buy a new one. So what do you reccommend? I was using a ti4200 but those are still pretty expensive. I have been thinking about going to ati.

Here is what i use the comp for

Gaming - soldier of fortune 2, BF 1942, FPS ect. some graphics work.

I want something thats going to perform well, but last me a while say a year or so.

THanks!

Yeah, go ATI.

SHOCK HORROR! OMG!! A person who has only ever had one ATI card and hated the darn thing saying get an ATI!? A person who has bought NVIDIA religiously for years!!??

i agree with that guy above, get a 9500 pro but i say skip out on the non pro version cause it dosent really o/c that well. But search the web for benchmaks on the games your playing and see what people think.

ashenfang said:
Well now that everyone is saying its my vid card, im going to have buy a new one. So what do you reccommend? I was using a ti4200 but those are still pretty expensive. I have been thinking about going to ati.

Here is what i use the comp for

Gaming - soldier of fortune 2, BF 1942, FPS ect. some graphics work.

I want something thats going to perform well, but last me a while say a year or so.

THanks!

what do you mean ti4200 is still too expensive? I thought you could get those now for well under $100. Its about the cheapest thing worth buying these days.

Anyway, go for either 9500 Pro or 9700 non-pro.

yeah i say go ati cause nvidias 5600 ultra dosent even begin come close to producing results as good as the 9600 pro, and it dosent even come close to the 9500 pro, but in my opinion, your ti4200 should be good enough so try updateing all your drivers and i dunno its up to you.

DanFraser

SHOCK HORROR! OMG!! A person who has only ever had one ATI card and hated the darn thing saying get an ATI!? A person who has bought NVIDIA religiously for years!!??

was that to me lol ??

ashenfang said:
I was using a ti4200 but those are still pretty expensive. I have been thinking about going to ati.

If u think the Ti4200 is too expensive than u are SOL. We can't recommend anything to u if u think even a Ti4200 is too expensive.

Radeon 8500 is the only thing but that wouldn't be an improvement. Open your pockets a little more and maybe your options will open up too.

Back