• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4C steppings ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Therion

Registered
Hi,

I cant seem to find any database for the P4 cpus ,regarding steppings and which overclock better.I had found a website some time ago but the link doesnt work for me anymore :( It was http://overclockers.cssftware.com/ ( i think)

I got the following on my new cpu, but it doesnt tell me much i'm afraid :eek:

SL6WF MALAY
L310A735-1636

And another one that has the same save the last 2 digits which are 12 (instead of 36)

Anybody knows what they mean ? (i did read the intel cpu faq which explains part of the stepping codes).

the only stepping so far for 2.4c's is SL6WF. only differences we've found are that the costa rica week 12 (3312...) seems to be marginally better than the others.

yours is a L (malay) 3 (2003) 10 (week 10)

just wondering, what is the difference in liek average mhz between the worst stepping 2.4C, and the best stepping?

I see...thanks !

sandman001 : the answer to that could be given by a database for it, which doesnt seem to exist yet.But you can get an adea from a thread here that has a poll on how much everyone overclocked

If i recall the worst was 2700Mhz and the best something near 3700Mhz

S-spec = SL6WF
FPO/batch code = L310A735-1636
stepping on all 800 bus "C" P-4's = D1

Lately people seems to be interchanging the S-spec and stepping, but they are not the same.

batboy said:
S-spec = SL6WF
FPO/batch code = L310A735-1636
stepping on all 800 bus "C" P-4's = D1

Lately people seems to be interchanging the S-spec and stepping, but they are not the same.
quite true. i am guilty of that as well.

Aya Matsuura is hot! :)

Anyway, the L310A Malay chips tend to overclock pretty well, most reach 3.3GHz from what I've seen, some even higher, up to 3.6GHz.

Back