• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best water cooling system? New user to watercooling.. need help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squale

I am getting the Thermaltake Xaser III v2000a case and am considering going with water cooling over air cooling. I mean after I buy the slk-900u with a nice fan and thermal paste, I am up around $90. So I figured I could go with water cooling for not too much more. What are you opinions on what the best water cooling kits are? Should I go with the AquariusII by Thermaltake kit since I am getting the Xaser III case? Do you know how this compares to other companies kits out there? Any help would be appreciated..

Plus can you sort of give me an idea of the pros and cons of water cooling versus air cooling. I keep my pc on 24/7 so I don't know if water cooling would have a problem with that. Plus I am afraid if the water pump went on me I would melt my cpu, mobo, or whatever else. So you can see that I am totally new to water cooling and I haven't ever built a system with it. So if you could also let me know how hard it is to built I would appreciate it. Thanks guys..

Personally, I'd suggest you put together your own setup as it'll perform better. As for advantages, water is quieter and much more effective at cooling than air. The major disadvantage I see is the leak potential. However, this you can overcome by testing the system OUTSIDE of the case for at least 24 hours prior to installing it.

If you water cool your system, you can run it 24/7 without any problems. And you'll know if your pump dies just by touching your case; if it's not vibrating a bit, the pump's not on.

Here's where I go for all my watercooling gear: www.cooltechnica.com

~THT

Back