• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a new case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

i am looking for a new case that i will not be modding..

case i bought in the past 6 months:
lian li pc60 (modded the hell out of it and then sold it on ebay)
thermaltake v1000d (openned the box, didn't like it)
ams gmono (looked nice with my ipod but thats it)

i'm thinking of either lian li or coolermaster, not sure what models yet. any suggestions? i want something nice that i won't get tired of in a month.

Coolermaster!!!! best cases in the universe

ATC-101/110/111/201

any of these
all nice :) depends whether you want a door or not... all of these models have window kits (some come with, some dont)

the 110/111 have doors concealing the external 5.25" and 3.5" drive bays

ehm the 101/110 are slightly larger in hight and depth but are equally wide as the 111/201

all are fantastic cases! (im struggling to decide which one atm...)
some have black options, but all can be sprayed!

there seems to be a lot of choices on the coolermaster homepage
but when i actually go search around for the cases , i can't find that many available. where are you guys buying your coolermaster cases?

When you find a CM model you want, the easiest way to find it is running a search in the case catergory at Pricewatch.

BHD

i am deciding between the 201b-sxt and the 110-sx1. they are pretty much the same right except one has black side panels with windows and the other is a little bigger. is the 110 worth the $240? that's $100 more than 201.

also, is it hard to get a mirrored finish look with a picture on the 110 like the falcon northwest cases?

I think the 110 is worth the money but that's a judgement call. I really like the extra depth of the 101/110 chassis. If you haven't seen both, maybe this will help you decide: The 201/111 (and the new TAC-T01 Wave) has almost exactly the same depth as the Chieftech Dragon. If you've seen or used that case and never thought the clearance between the drive bays and motherboard was cramped, the smaller (and cheaper) Cooler Master cases will work fine.

The difficulty in getting a good paintjob at home depends entirely on your patience. Here is a good guide on how to do it. But if you don't have the patience to follow the directions and learn how its done, there isn't a guide on earth that will help you get a good finish.

BHD

Back