• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Intel Mobo for P4 type "c"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentfire

What would be a the best motherboard for the 2.4C and what would be the best value motherboard for the 2.4C P4? (Overclocking wise)

Also I currently got DDR pc2700 ram, if I get an intel mobo can i still use the same ram?..

Plz respond quick I need to buy this mobo today.

There are lots of threads that address this question... do you want springdale or canterwood? I personally would go Abit IC7 its a great board for the right price.

Abit and Asus are both making some very good motherboards for the new 'C' processors. You can't go wrong with either brand, and the performance between the Canterwood and Springdale chipsets are nearly identical now that Abit and Asus have both enabled the performance acceleration technology (called GAT in the Abit).
The only downside to the IC7 is no onboard lan, but other than that, it's probably the most popular board.. I just like getting stuff that everyone doesn't have, which is why I got the IS7-G. -The IS7, and IS7-E both come with onboard lan BTW.. If you already have a NIC laying around, then it's not a big deal.
I dunno much about the Asus boards, but I know they are performing just as well as the Abit's.

Yea I did but no one was responding so I had to post it again in the mobo part, sorry about that. I needed to know cuz i was gonna buy it that day so i needed some responds quick time, but I didnt end up getting it, prob 2morrow. *wednesday*

Hi Silentfire,

I do not know if my reply is too late, but I am currently using Abit IS-7 and I am totally happy with it. Cheap price and overclocking friendly. If you have the budget, go for IC7 of IS7-G.

Hope this help.

Back