• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD Burning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
OK... so the time has come for me to burn some CD's and I am sick of booting into windows to have to do it. I installed the xcdroast package when I installed my Redhat 9 system but that program looks daunting compared to the ones I am used to (CD Creator and Nero).

Is there something that's slightly easier to use and more intuitive, given what I've used in the past?

thx

Both, KDE and Gnome have various CD burning programs.

Fireburner is a program which is available for Windows and Linux. It is commercial payware though.

K3b is pretty similar to Nero, if not better. It requires KDE 3.1, and may be a pain to set up.

I started burning when Xcdroast and Gnometoaster was all there was. Needless to say, I gave up trying to use them and just learned how to use the command-line utilites straight-up instead (cdrecord, cdrdao, dvdrecord, growisofs, etc). I notice I tend to use the same options when I burn discs, so I don't really need to remember them, I just run a wrapper script like so `burncd blah.iso` and that's it.

Nah, Xcdroast is easy... even for a novice like me! Once you set it up you are done. (with the configuring of your speeds,etc.) Then just add a file and burn disc. May seem a little complicated but once you use it a couple times it's a snap!

Back