• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tricking the Clock Generator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FunkDaMonkMan

Ok, I just booted up my K7D Master, and saw that my processors were running at 1601mhz instead of the usual 1575. I use 150fsb with a 10.5 multi. (xp1600). Anyway, I think that was a clock generator error, and if it can make errors like that, and run faster then 150mhz fsb... is there any to trick it into doing this all of the time?

Nope, clock gen only goes to 150 FSB according to datasheet. Now if you want to go and change its crystal (the silver capsul to the left of the chip) but you will overclock your whole system, I mean everything!

The only thing I can think of is to replace chip itself. I can't see how you can do it without specilized tools. Here is the datasheet on it clock gen if you want to find a replacement chip with the same pinouts.

Well, something obvoiusly happened, and my fsb was bumped up by about 2. If we could re-create this accident, we could run at 152fsb or more.

If you can find a way to get above 150 fsb I will nominate you for the nobel peace prize and bake you some cookies

Miknow said:
If you can find a way to get above 150 fsb I will nominate you for the nobel peace prize and bake you some cookies

Change the crystal. But I would have to find one at Radioshack and at the right mhz (anybody wants their 33 mhz PCI bus devices running at 3 ghz?????)

First we have to figure out why it goofed the first time. Any Ideas to what could have caused it? Heat, Voltage Spike?

Generic quartz crystals I guess. Something like the ghetto capacitor problems I've been hearing about lately. Give me exactly what is written on your quartz crystal, I'll compare it to my board.

Back