• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua 1300 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

telexen

I've been planning on a Via Aqua 1300 as my pump, but I didn't want to pay very much for it. I was hoping to order it from Xoxide.com ...where it's $24 and it says it comes with an adapter ($.99 more actually) to add a nipple, so it's not submersible.

I found this website that has it on sale for less than $12! The only problem is it says it's submersible only.

What can I do to buy it from that website and still use it as an in-line pump by adding a nipple?

Last edited:
Many people run via aqua 1300s inline succesfully but many have had them burn out, fail, and whatnot. In the manual itself it says to run it submersed at all times if I'm not mistaken. I myself made a cheap junction box reservoir to run my 1300 submersed. As for the adapter, go with the 12$ deal and buy yourself a barb at a local hardware store. The plastic ones go for under a buck and the brass ones go for about 2.

How are you temperatures with it submerged? I know it gets hot, which is why I wanted to avoid directly heating water. I will look around the hardware store for a barb, thanks :)

The water tends to get warmer (by touch) but a good radiator/heatercore should be able to handle the extra 28watts~ the pump dishes out without affecting cpu temps. I have to get my external probe back so I can test the water temps w/ & w/out the pump. I'll post results when I get everything together.

Back