• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else see this???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

http://home.comcast.net/~wxdude1/emsite/download.html
Then go down to the Booting FAH on a pen drive

I think that is totally awesome, even tho it is from a member of the [H]orde :cool:

That really could bring a new meaning to diskless, I mean how much are the smallest pen drives taht are still over 8mb???

I'm just hoping the person who made it allows for you to change the name and team num, and not just have it for the [H] :)

I may look into this...I do have my tbird lying around waiting on a PSU

Woah, that looks cool :)

We need to find a way of making pen-drives autorun the stealth one-click install (no input required), so to borg a room, all you need to do is slot your pendrive into the computer, wait for a minute, unplug it, and move on :)

Hmm...since USB has P&P support (or at least windows auto-detects stuff :) which are most likely two way different things) and then if there was a way to put like a autorun.ini file in there and if it works, bingo :)

Yes, I see your point....I may try to get a list of mobo's that can boot from pen drives...good idea, I had never though of it :D

Fold and Frag on
Brian

umm, why would they have to boot from it? all it needs to do is autorun the specified files on the pen drive, if thats possible., need to get a pen to play with for that. but it would require no booting whatsoever that I can see.
definately have to look into that

That whole idea of one-click on the pen drive is nice, but reaching behind mounds of cable to insert the thing is a pain. I'd rather burn the files onto an 8cm (mini cdr) and use it. That way you won't have to reach behind cables, and move stuff around, especialy if the computer is a desktop...

If your office/school doesn't have any front usb ports are you going to move/fumble with all of the cords in the back? And no, my school doesn't have front usb ports. I don't know if they have any at all because I the back of the cases are right against the back of the desks and there locked into place so that they can't be moved.

Too bad. They probably don't want avanced students such as yourself messing with the computers :p

I've seen kids hack the store display log on at Sears and change the password so the store employees can't log on anymore. It took them maybe 30 seconds.

Yea, well. I already know the password to fortres to install programs. I just need someone to make the service flags for 98 into a .reg so I don't have to manually enter all of the flags. Oh yeah, about 30 PIII's in a lab. And 30 more in the media center. Not to mention 2 in each room. 6 in each science room.

Stats from our school Admin:
Over 500 Networked Computers
6 File Servers
Scanners
Digital Cameras
32 Bay CD Server
2000+ Users
8 Computer Labs

NiTrO bOiE said:
Yea, well. I already know the password to fortres to install programs. I just need someone to make the service flags for 98 into a .reg so I don't have to manually enter all of the flags.

working on that now, mostly...

Audioaficionado said:
Too bad. They probably don't want avanced students such as yourself messing with the computers

A guy tried to steal some brand new computers out of a local high school but got caught trying to squeeze a 17" CRT out the window. Man that was funny, :D :D :D: :D

Back