• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with filling and bleeding a t-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

Ok, just set up my w/c parts and got it all filled. Now I'm to filling and bleeding. It's been running for a couple hours and at first it was getting rid of the bubbles pretty fast but now it seems they aren't really doing much. I have turned all the parts around, upside down, etc and it seems still not much. After putting water in the t-line do I cap it or leave it open? Should I just leave it be, fill it, and wait for how long? Thanks.

Fill the t-line to the top, and let it run for 12 hours. That should get rid of all of the air in the system, and leak test it.

Well, if you put the cap on, air will not be able to bleed out, so don't put it on until all air is out of the system.

Gautam said:
Well, if you put the cap on, air will not be able to bleed out, so don't put it on until all air is out of the system.

Air WILL bleed out; it will just collect at the top of the t-line. Even if the t-line is completely full and capped, any escaping bubbles will have room to escape because when the air rises up, water has to replace it.

I need to get a cap for my T-line when I put all my watercooling stuff together. Do you know where I can pick a good one up?

Air WILL bleed out; it will just collect at the top of the t-line. Even if the t-line is completely full and capped, any escaping bubbles will have room to escape because when the air rises up, water has to replace it.

:bang head: Perfectly correct. Don't know what I was thinking.

I need to get a cap for my T-line when I put all my watercooling stuff together. Do you know where I can pick a good one up?

I just found a cork at a local hardware store and stuck it in. But a cap isn't actually necessary, although it can make things safer.

Altec , all I did was get another 1/2" barb to stick in the line and get a screw on cap for it. That way I could screw another bard with a tube on so I could fill it easier.

Back