• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT3 Ultra question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfire_MK2

I want to push my o/cing further. I've seen people with this board and PC2700 DDR 333 ram (which is what I have) running at nearly 166 FSB. I've upped the v-core, but I don't want to change the DDR and AGP voltage without first knowing their defaults. Can anyone help me with this? My Fuzzy Logic program (no, I'm not using it to o/c) doesn't tell me this info, nor does my m/b manual. Thanks!

You shouldn't need to change your voltage for DDR or AGP if you want to run at 166 FSB. You need to drop your multiplier down to 10 (from 12.5) and up your FSB till you get to 166. This way you will be running your RAM at stock speed and your AGP will use the 1/5 divider and will not be overclocked either.

Thanks Penetrecion, that did it-I'm running rock soild on a 150FSB on my first try. And yes, I've noticed the nb getting warm--I'm grabbing a fan today. Thanks guys!

The KT3-Ultra does have the 1/5 divisor. I am running at 166 totally fine and am overclocking my 1800+ to 2400+. Never had a problem. Just make sure the multiplier is lowered enough so you aren't overclocking your chip massively.

I had my Ultra2 up to 180mhz FSB with pc2700 (at cas2.5) with no problems. Anything beyond 180 resulted in occasional lockups.

bose70 said:
I have my kt3 ultra running at 180fsb with pc2700 ddr ram
tried 190 but got graphic couruption

Bose

Bose I found that a Slight increase in the AGP voltage helped with this. If that does not work try a different Video card.

Back