• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unsafe file attachment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

hmmm.JPG

Denied access? How dare MS!

This came from a friend, he was sending me a buddy list... could it be something malicious? Or is it just a new setting that I'm not aware of. I just installed SP1 for IE6- and OE has never denied me access to any attachments. I usually left that up to my vscanner or privacy/internet firewall.

UPDATE: Ok, after surfing around, I quickly found out that this option is enabled with the new update of IE and OE. Stupid MS. It's fixed now.

For the record, it is under the security tab of OE's options. Uncheck the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

I should do a little menu surfing before I freak out and post :p.

hehe i know how you feel... there are too many options menus in there... :D

i had a similar problem with microsoft outlook xp, except it doesn't have an option to allow you to download the files! i remember somebody posted a program that fixed it via the registry a little bit ago... that drove me nuts for the longest time! :)

lol

I have students call me with this question all the time. when microsoft says unsafe and that option is enabled it blocks 95 percent off all atachments.

Back