• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vdd says 1.82v w/ a 680ohm resistor??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekkism

Registered
i did the vdd mod w/ a 680 resistor. im like 99% sure that i did it right. But why does my bios and USDM say its only 1.82v. Shouldnt it be like 1.86v? cuz i can't get over 200fsb w/o bluecsreening at xp bootup...

Thats correct.

Vdd voltage = 176/ohms + MoBo Voltage

Resistors are within 5% tolerance, so they can vary.

Also, your MoBo's voltage can vary slightly, they are not all exactly the same. But the 8RDA+s I have seen are 1.56 stock.

I have an 8rda+. and before I went to the variable resistor, when I had a 680 ohm on my Vdd, it was 1.82 as well.

176/680 ohms + 1.56 (stock voltage) = 1.82 Vdd. In order for you to get 1.86, your stock voltage would be 1.60, which it is not.

Use a variable and set it to where you want it. But it appears that the 1.82 is correct, and yes, you did the mod correctly.

:)

Last edited:
I'am using a 560 right now to give me 1.904 I can only run DC @ about 205, single channel I can run 215 100% stable. But I also have lapped the NB , put iceberg cooler on NB, passive sinks on mosfet and SB, also added a little sink to the chip above the mosfet.

What do you have your vddim set to? What dimm slot are you using?

Back