• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAS to CAS '3' is recommended for i865PE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnMK

Registered
EDIT: POSSIBLY INCORRECT INFORMATION. Please see my new post started a few minutes ago. For the sake of posterity I will not erase the contents of my original post, however, which follow:
I found a setting of '2' probably doesn't allow Asus' PAT implementation to activate itself.

RAS to CAS '2':

PCMark2002: 8100, 8594, 1209
Sisoft Sandra Memory: ~3450/3450

RAS to CAS '3':

PCMark2002: 8380, 8907, 1189
Sisoft Sandra Memory: ~3650/3650.

P4 3.06GHz @ 3.40GHz, both runs. All other settings optimal.

So now you know. :cool:
EDIT: POSSIBLY INCORRECT INFORMATION. Please see my new post started a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
Hey JohnMK!

Im wondering what sort of memory youre using? Also of interest would be your BIOS. I assume its the latest 1008?
Maybe its the dynamic paging mode, youve discovered!
Check out my post in the memory section for details on this.

cheers

bear

bearulez said:

Im wondering what sort of memory youre using? Also of interest would be your BIOS. I assume its the latest 1008?
Maybe its the dynamic paging mode, youve discovered!
Check out my post in the memory section for details on this.

Old very old Corsair PC3200. The original. :D Like, 10 months old. Latest Asus BIOS (well, it calls itself 1008.004, oddly).

Mind testing my finding out on your board too, bearulez?

Last edited:
This isn't valid information anymore. I'm experiencing an odd system anomaly that may explain my results. See the thread I just started a few moments ago.

Sorry if I sent anyone off on a wild goose chase.

Back